The flu is a common respiratory infection that spreads easily between people. It can be very serious, especially for children and adults with other medical conditions.
Dr. Naval Parikh is a flu expert and shares his knowledge on flu causes, flu Symptoms, flu Treatment to help you avoid getting the flu this season.
What is Flu?
Flu is a viral infection of the respiratory system caused by flu viruses. It occurs most often in winter and early spring. Symptoms are fever, chills, cough, sore throat, runny or stuffy nose headache, extreme tiredness nausea/vomiting
Causes of Flu
The flu virus is contagious and spreads when an infected person coughs or sneezes. You can get the flu if you touch something with the flu virus on it. and then touch your mouth, nose, or eyes. More causes are:
- Touching objects or surfaces with flu virus on them and then touching your mouth, nose, or eyes.
- Being in close contact for a long time with people who have flu Symptoms without covering coughs or sneezes.
- Flu can also spread through the air by flu virus when someone who has flu Symptoms coughs or sneezes.
Symptoms of Flu
Flu symptoms include:
- Fever chills
- Body aches
- Dry cough
- Runny or stuffy nose, and vomiting
Also Read about:
When is Flu Season?
The flu is most common in the winter months. You’re more likely to get flu during flu season. Sometimes it can occur outside of flu season though.
How Long Does it Last?
Most people with flu recover within one or two weeks, but some are at risk for developing complications like pneumonia. People who have other health problems may be at high risk of serious flu infection.
When to See a Doctor?
You should call your doctor if:
- Severe flu symptoms
- You are pregnant and have flu symptoms or flu-like symptoms.
- You have flu Symptoms and also have a chronic medical condition such as diabetes, asthma or heart disease.
- You are very sick.
If you have flu symptoms and a life-threatening health problem, call or see a doctor right away. People with flu may be able to infect others from one day before getting sick until five days after their illness starts.
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water, especially after you cough or sneeze. You can also use alcohol hand sanitizers that contain at least 60% alcohol to clean your hands.
- Stay away from people who are sick.
- Flu can spread easily to someone else if they touch a surface or object that has flu virus on it and then touches their nose, mouth, or eyes. To help stop the flu, everyone should try to avoid touching their face as much as possible. Flu is most contagious in the first three days after someone gets sick.
Treatment of Flu By Dr. Naval Parikh
Dr. Naval Parikh’s flu specialist can help you by providing flu treatment for flu symptoms at his flu clinic in Deerfield Beach, Florida or via online consultation.
Here are some treatment options that Dr. Naval Parikh offers:
- Antiviral flu medications
- Over-the-counter flu medications
If you have flu symptoms and a life-threatening health problem, call or see your doctor right away. Dr. Naval Parikh is a flu specialist in Deerfield Beach who can help you today with flu treatment options that include antiviral drugs.
Flu season typically lasts from October to May each year, but it can affect people year-round. Dr. Naval Parikh flu specialist can help you avoid flu and its complications by providing flu treatment for flu Symptoms, flu Prevention tips and more at his flu clinic in Deerfield Beach or via online consultation.
For more information, please contact:
Dr. Naval Parikh Clinic:
Address: 1 West Sample Road, Suite 201. Deerfield Beach, Florida. 33064.
Phone: (954) 782-3170